Difference between a heel spur or plantar fasciitis?

Heel spur . Is a projection of bone on the bottom part of the heel. Plantar fascitiis is a broad banded ligament that originates from the bottom of the heel and supports the arch. The symptoms and treatment are virtually the same.
See below. Plantar fasciitis is thickening of the tissue with. Inflammation of the plantar fascia. Heel spur is a deposit of bone that is formed at the calcaneus due to the pull of the plantar fascia.
Bone/inflammation. Not all plantar fasciitis is associated with a heel spur. In fact, heel spurs are rarely painful. The heel spur is formed by pull of the plantar fascial ligament on its insertion at the bottom of the calcaneus bone. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the plantar fascial ligament.
Same. The conditions go hand and hand. You can have plantar fasciatis with or without a spur.
Simular. When there is excessive tension or strain in arch(plantar fascia) plantar fasciitis develops. If the tension is where the plantar fascia( or achilles tendon if back of heel.) attaches to heel, a sharp projection of boen called a spur often will arise. The cause is the same. The difference is wear the tension is.
A spur is a bony. Projection. The plantar fascia is a broad banded ligament. When it degenerates, it is known as plantar fasciosis. Plantar fascitiis technically means the ligament is inflammed. Many believe now there is actual degeneration and not inflammation. This was a landmark study performed by a dr. Harvey lemont.