Since I have kidney disease should I stop eating high protein foods?

Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Ask your kidney doc
High protein diet can cause the kidney to "work" more as it has to process the protein waste.
This may lead to faster progression of loss of function.However the downside of this diet may lead to low albumin/protein level in your blood and this can cause more negative consequences to your body. Most doctors recommend a moderate protein restriction if Albumin levels are normal.

In brief: Ask your kidney doc
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Badreldin Bedri
In brief: What stage?
Depends on what stage is your kidney disease.
Most patients with stage 1 through 3 don't need protein restriction. It is only when the kidney fails completely(stage 5) or about to( stage 4) that you need to restrict protein to certain amount.

In brief: What stage?
Dr. Badreldin Bedri
Dr. Badreldin Bedri
Dr. Steven Seres