Will catheters relieve the urgency symptoms of interstitial cystitis?

No. Unless one has urinary retention, catheters will not help improve the urinary symptoms and in fact may worsen them because it will cause more trauma to the bladder lining with the catheter and cause more symptoms.
IC. If you are asking if an indewelling catheter in the bladder reliefs the symptoms the answer is no. If intermitent catheterization, specially if medication is put in the bladder, that may help; but a catheter by itself will not help at all.
On the contrary. An indwelling catheter or intermittent catheterization can only irritate your bladder lining more than it is, and make both your ic and symptoms worse. Don't do it. Consult with a physician with interest and experience with ic. Diet and medication should help. Chck: www. Interstitialcystitisassociation. Com.