Is there a diagnostic test available for interstitial cystitis?

IC. There are 3 basic ways of diagnosing ic, history of urgency/frequency, pain with full bladder and on exam pain over the bladder in the abscence of infection. A potassium sensitivity test done in the office and a cystoscopy with hydrodistension of the bladder done in the operating room under anesthesia.
Diagnosis is complex. We still do not understand the cause/s of ic, diagnosis could be considered more art than science so I take many features into account: pain with bladder distention and relieved with voiding, pain provoked by acid producing foods or beverages (oj/tomato paste/caffeine) reiieved with bland non-fried foods or prelief. Cystoscopy with hydrodistension can help, bladder biopsy for >mast histamine cells.