After going through treatment for interstitial cystitis, will my bladder capacity go back to normal?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology

In brief: IC

As the bladder regenerates and the inflammatory response stabilizes, the ability of the bladder to relax improves.
The bladder becomes more flexible and the capacity improves.

In brief: IC

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Possibly

Provided your bladder muscle has not undergone fibrous change (like scar formation) in which case capacity can not return to normal.
Milder cases of ic gan regain previous capacity especially if treatment includes bladder hydro-distension under general anesthesia. This has helped a number of my younger patients.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Peter Kurzweil