I have recently been diagnosed with DVT should I be keeing my leg up and walking?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

You can walk perhaps the use of a compression stocking will serve you well I'm sure you are on blood thinners which is needed

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: it depends

A deep vien thrombosis (DVT) is usually initially treated with bed rest, elevation, and the use of a blood thinner. The theoretic risk of walking too early after getting a DVT is to have the blodd clot break off and go to the lung which can be fatal.
At some point, when deemed safe by the physician, it is safe to resume walking. Thank you for your question.

In brief: it depends

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine