Is it safe to get acupuncture while pregnant?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine

I perform acupuncture on my pregnant patients all the time.
Make sure you are seeing a practitioner that is experienced in acupuncture though. There are points on the human body that can initiate labor and miscarriage.

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine

Accupuncture has millions of followers, and there are lots of studies showing the usefulness of accupuncture in pregnancy.
The most common uses for pregnancy accupuncture include: muscle and joint pain; morning sickness and hyperemesis; back pain and pelvic pain; even anesthesia during labor!

Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein

Acupuncture is often used during pregnancy - there are just a few specific points that need to be avoided.
Only seek treatment from a trained acupuncturist.