Home peritoneal dialysis vs center hemodialysis, which one is safer?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Depends on patient
In capable patients the peritoneal does not only provide for a better quality of life but also is safer. But in patients who are not likely to follow the rules well due to older age, dementia, poor manual dexterity etc, in-center dialysis is safer.

In brief: Depends on patient
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Linda Gromko
In brief: Home Peritoneal!
I'm not a nephrologist, but i helped my husband with both home hemodialysis and home peritoneal dialysis.
Any treatment at home is more comfortable, more flexible, and has less risk of infection. Besides, nobody is more committed to your safety and care than you are! see "arranging your life when dialysis comes home, " written by me and jane mcclure (shameless promotion!) good luck. Lgromkomd.

In brief: Home Peritoneal!
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Peter Kurzweil