Is online counseling effective?

Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Challenges abound...

E-therapy can be effective if the patient can adjust his/her expectations.
I have a good e-therapy practice and I find the biggest struggle for clients is being committed to homework assignments and expecting immediate results with minimal effort.

In brief: Challenges abound...

Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Lisa Saponaro
Clinical Psychology

In brief: In person better

Online counseling can be effective, especially when there is a live visual component so that the participants can read non-verbals.
In person counseling offers more to both the person and the therapist. If there are barriers that prevent one from attending in person, it is better than not getting treatment but i strongly recommend in person services if/when available.

In brief: In person better

Dr. Lisa Saponaro
Dr. Lisa Saponaro
Dr. Xavier Mccaskey
Any form of counseling is effective as long as the client is willing to heed the advice given by their therapist and apply all the techniques, and interventions taught to them by their therapist for their personal issues. Online is convient and more secure , some clients feel more relaxed and comfortable in their own homes.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: It can be

For some, online counseing can be effective, Check you state laws to see if it is legal in the state you happen to live in.
Generally speaking, counseling in person is best. One cannot substitute in-person body language and facial expressions with online interaction.

In brief: It can be

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham