Will my stomach swell if i'm on peritoneal dialysis depending on how many liters I am using?

Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Usually not
In pd the volume of fluid during each exchange is 2 liters and most patients are comfortable with that.
We may use 1.5 l exchanges if someone feels swollen and doing pd in lying pistion sometimes help.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Complicated
This is a complicated topic for this forum and any answer will not be an individualized resource.
Peritoneal lavage is transferring fluids into and out of your body. Many parameters are involved, but the short answer is yes, it involves abdominal swelling, the timing and amount cannot be discerned by the amount of information provided. Good luck!

In brief: Complicated
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Arnon Rubin