How will pumping affect my milk supply?

In brief: Maintains, supports
Most bf moms will face a baby that has periods of vigerous demand & days of marginal feeding interest.
Some with generous production just have more milk and engorgement is not pleasent. Pumping may not extract as much as baby, but it can help soften the breast for a better latch & lay up a supply for daddy night bottles or reserves if a short trip or surgery is needed. I see no downside to pumping.

In brief: Maintains, supports
In brief: Will continue flow
Pumping regularly can increase your milk supply by allowing for full emptying of your breast.
This sends a signal to your brain that you are empty and need to up production.

In brief: Will continue flow
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham