Once I start dialysis will I have to quit work?

Dr. Anthony Cusano
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Work on dialysis
Many patients on dialysis continue to work full time.
The biggest obstacle tends to be the time spent doing dialysis, with schedules that can be fairly rigid. However now hemodialysis treatments can be done at home, or overnight in some centers, and cycled peritoneal dialysis can be done overnight at home. Your underlying medical condition is also a big factor in determining your ability to work.

In brief: Work on dialysis
Dr. Anthony Cusano
Dr. Anthony Cusano
Dr. Andrew Doe
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: No
They have very early, and very late shifts to help you work out a schedule.
I have many patients that maintain a full work schedule even though they are on dialysis.

In brief: No
Dr. Andrew Doe
Dr. Andrew Doe