Is there back-up for patients whose home dialysis is compromised due to short term problems?

Dr. Gregory Hale
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: In-center dialysis

Your home training facility should have an in-center hemodialysis facility nearby that is available in he event you are unable to perform your home dialysis treatments.

In brief: In-center dialysis

Dr. Gregory Hale
Dr. Gregory Hale
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Absolutely!

Sometimes patients have in-center dialysis when their dialysis care partner is not available due to illness, surgery, etc.
And, of course, back-up dialysis is available to support patients who have short-term medical problems. My husband had in-center dialysis once when our community had a weather-related power failure! flexibility is critical to successful home dialysis. Lgromkomd.

In brief: Absolutely!

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Peter Kurzweil