How will they connect me to the dialysis machine?

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Dialysis

I am presuming you are asking about hemodialysis.
If you have a shunt created under your skin (arteriovenous shunt), you will be connected using needles. If you have an external, plastic shunt you will be connected without needles. Either way, connecting a patient to a dialysis machine requires great care and major attention to preventing infection.

In brief: Dialysis

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Via a line

A catheter place under the collar bone or a line establishe in arm just like the IV line done in hospitals.
However a surgeon has to prepare your arm veins prior to that by making a fistula or a graft (vascular access).

In brief: Via a line

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib