What kind of painkillers will be prescribed for arthroscopic knee surgery?

Narcotic pain meds. Usually vicodin or Percocet is prescribed after knee arthscopy. However, the majority of patients do not need these pain killers after the second day post operatively, as knee arthroscopy is not a very painful procedure. Tylenol, (acetaminophen) or advil, or alleve, is usually sufficient after that.
Hydrocodone. Orthopedists commonly prescribe hydrocodone with or without Acetaminophen (which is tylenol). Alternatively you could be given an antiinflammatory.