What does cytomegalovirus look like?

In brief: Image at right

The CMV is visible under an electron microscope in infected tissue & the loaded image represents an artist depiction.
Cited from: www.Nist.Gov/mml/biochemical/genetics/cytomegalovirus_srm.Cfm.

In brief: Image at right

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: CMV

I am not sure what specific portion of the body you are inquiring about but in the eye is can cause retinal pathology (retinitis), inflammation of the colored parts of the eye (uveitis), inflammation in the cornea (interstitial keratitis), vitritis, and other problems.
If can also affect other parts of the body especially if the patient is immunocompromised.

In brief: CMV