How frequently do I need to see my nephrologist?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Depends
If you have mild kidney disease, then you probably need to see the nephrologist 2 to 3 times a year. However if you have more advanced renal impairment that requires multiple medications and frequent checking of your labs, they you may need to see that doctor 4 to 6 times a year.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
In brief: Kidney care
The answer depends upon your stage of kidney disease and what else is worrisome.
In general, every 3-4 months is beneficial. If disease is active, then more frequently is beneficial. If you are receiving dialysis, then at least monthly.

In brief: Kidney care
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Adam Smith