Are kidney failure and diabetes inheritable?

Genetics. Both are. Certain forms of kidney disease have characteristic forms of passing from one generation to the next. If you have a 1st degree relative who has diabetes, your risk goes up quite high.
Not necessarily. Kidney failure may run in families but may not depending on the kind. Also, diabetes type 2 runs in families but some members get spared. Type 1 is much less inheritable however. The process of inheritance in diabetes is not completely understood and cannot be predicted with precision.