Is it ok to use splenda if I have renal failure and diabetes?

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Splenda and RF
I've looked at sources that i consider reliable and can find nothing that says you should avoid splenda under your circumstances.
I would, however, suggest that you discuss this further with your doctor.

In brief: Splenda and RF
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Depends how much
The premise is that splenda is not absorbable i.
e. Will not go to blood to cause systemic effects. However, any substance in large amounts may behave differently and become absorbed partly. Therefore, we actually cannot be very sure that large amounts of splenda is safe. Moderation is the key. Having not seen a surge of kidney failure in the recent years isn't necessarily reassuring.

In brief: Depends how much
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Marsha Davis