How should I take care of myself if I have polycystic kidney disease and am diabetic?

See below. Maintain normal blood sugar levels, and blood presssure control. Other important things are regular exercise, reach ideal weight, and cholesterol control. Talk to your doctor about entering research studies for polycystic kidney disease.
Secondary prevention. Obviously, you have some kidney damage from the polycystic kidney disease, so at this point, your goal is prevention of kidney failure or its progression if already present and complications. Good sugar and blood pressure control are the main two areas to work on. Taking medication that will prevent progression is another avenue.
PKD and diabetes. This is a threatening combination. You can do several things. Drink at least 3-4 quarts of fluid per day. Eat low salt, low protein, low saturated fat diet daily. Avoid caffeine. Avoid sugar and simple carb foods. Control glucose values to less than 140 at all times. Achieve HA1c values of 7.0 or lower. Control BP to less than 130/80. Do not smoke. Maintain ideal body weight.