Does diabetes cause kidney problems?

Diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes causing high blood sugar can damage kidneys because sugar is filtered by kidney glomeruli. High blood sugar damages the filters so that larger molecules such as protein, which normall are retained, escape through the filters causing proteinuria or albuninuria which damages kidneys firther.Kidney damage causes hypertension whichs adds to damage.Early diagnosis & treatment can slow disease.
Yes. Diabetes causes several kidney problems ANS one of the leading causes of end stage renal disease requiring dialysis.