Is it dangerous to mix alcohol and septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim)?

Alcohol/Bactrim. It is a dangerous combination, not just with alcohol but also with cough medicines & mouthwashes containing alcohol. Alcohol can intensify the negative side-effects of septra, (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) causing headaches, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath & rapid heart beats, with vomiting leading to dehydration & loss of the antibiotic effect due to missed dose.
Maybe. It may not be dangerous from the standpoint of a serious, adverse reaction, however, septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) (also known as bactrim) which is an antibiotic can be made less effective if alcohol is consumed while the person is receiving it. I would check with the doctor who prescribed the septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim).