Can enzyme supplementation aid in managing diabetic nephropathy?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Not that I know of
No management showed promise in managing diabetic nephropathy besides control of diabetes, hypertension, cholest &meds i.
e. Ace/arb. Avoiding concurrent insult to the kidneys is paramount. In laboratory rates a ketogenic diet actually showed great promise however it is not tolerated or recommended in human diabetics. It further stresses the benefit of strict carbohydrate and diabetes control, though.

In brief: Not that I know of
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: No
Best treatments are diabetes control, blood pressure control, cholesterol control.

In brief: No
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Adam Smith