Does human growth hormone help patients with diabetes?

Increases sugar. Human gh is diabetogenic, ie it increases the blood sugar. Could it increase body growth? I am sure it could but the big picture is important. How much is the benefit versus the risk?
Maybe yes. It has been known that pts w/ pituitary insufficiency (congenital low hgh) have a low incidence of diabetes. But they are not insulated from diabetic retinopathy (damage to retina) in diabetes ii. There may a place for HGH in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. See neat paper showing improvement in angiogenesis with hgh. Insulin-like growth factor I plasmid therapy promotes in vivo angiogenes.
No. Hgh is diabetogenic. We screen patients on growth hormone yearly for diabetes. It is vital in preventing hypoglycemia infants. In patients with diabetes going through adolescence, blood sugars increase in large part because of increased growth hormone production. Teens with diabetes usually need large increases in Insulin doses to better control high blood sugars.