What can I wash my skin to get rid of staphylococcus?

Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dermatology
In brief: Staph
The best is a soap called hibiclens that is over the counter. However, it is often better to have a doctor prescribe a prescription antibiotic pill or cream called mupirocin.

In brief: Staph
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dr. Katherine Brown
Dermatology
In brief: Benzoyl peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide (BP) is an antiseptic for reducing bacterial load & is available in a wash.
Unlike antibiotics, bacterial resistance to this antiseptic is rare. BP is often combined with topical antibiotics to reduce potential bacterial resistance (e.g. Topical clindamycin+bp). While hibiclens is a known anti-staph wash, it can damage eyes & parts of the ear, & is not advised for face-washing.

In brief: Benzoyl peroxide
Dr. Katherine Brown
Dr. Katherine Brown