How do I cover up uneven skin pigmentation after laser resurfacing?

IPL vs. Topicals. At times, a gentle ipl treatment can help to expedite the resolution of post treatment redness and blend any areas of hyperpigmentation. I would combine this with topical therapy with hydroquinone +/- Retin-A or other available herbal skin lighteners. There are a variety of mineral based make-ups that can serve as cover-up in the short term as well.
Laser skin darkening. Post inflammatory hyperpitmentation may need superficial chemical peels or microdermabrasion in addition to lightening creams including hydroquinone, or illume, or elure. Elure is the newest lightening cream and directly affects the pigment cell and is well-liked by most patients as it tends not to irritate the skin. Sunscreen and sun-avoidance is very important. See a dermatologist.
Depends. Hyperpigmentation after laser resurfacing is a side effect. It can eventually fade but I recommend using hydroquinone 4% 2x/day, Retin-A at night, vitamin c or triluma prescription which has retin-a/hydroquinone and a steroid. Also consider doing a mini melange peel which works great for this.
Can be prevented. The treatment as stated is with a good regimen of tretinoin and hydroquinone. However, this post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can be avoided by properly preparing skin prior to any light-based treatments. It may take longer to do it this way, but not haveing the angst you may be going through is worth it. The good news is that this can definitely be improved with good topical products.
Topical therapy. The uneven pigment could be due to a post inflammatory hyperpigmentation reaction causing cells in your skin to produce excess melanin. The best way to treat this is to use a cream containing 4% hydroquinone. Your doctor should be able to prescribe this. If the pigment is due to fine residual scabs, a microdermabrasion should be able to remove them, but wait 3 weeks following the laser treatment.
Topical therapy. Hydroquinones and retinoids are most useful. Both can be prescribed, individually or in combination, by your dermatologist.