What is non-ablative laser skin resurfacing?

Does not remove skin. Ablation refers to removing layers of the skin with a laser. Non-ablative lasers do not do this and are hence associated with less recovery time. Depending on the laser, they target pigmentation, vessels or water. This interaction of light with the tissue generates heat and promotes new collagen growth. These lasers are more popular because of the shorter recovery period.
Light laser. Non ablative laser is another name for lasers that don't take of the entire top laser of the skin such ablative laser examples are co2 or erbium yag laser. Non ablative lasers are fractional or radio frequency lasers. They can help reduce wrinkles and improve sundamgae with less downtime than ablative lasers but require more treatments.
Fractional Laser. Ablative laser resurfacing typically refers to removing a whole layer of skin with a laser. Fractional technology allows treatment of a "fraction" of the skin surface by burning small dots leaving healthy tissue in between the dots. This technique delivers similar results with much less risk and down time.