How long does juvederm usually last?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: 6-18 months
Juvederm is an "HA" (hyaluronic acid) filler that is offered in the US as "ultra" and "ultra plus".
Ultra is more supple and typically used for thin skin areas (tear trough, lips, nose), whereas ultra plus is more robust and used in thicker skin areas (nasal folds, cheeks, chin). In my experience ultra will provide 6-9 months of correction compared to 9-18 with ultra plus. Hope this helps!

In brief: 6-18 months
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
2 comments
Dr. Darryl Blinski
In my hands as see it ONLY lasting 4 to 6 months. The main reason is under treatment due to the patient's desire to use only 1 syringe where they needed 2.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
My experience whether Ultra or Ultra Plus I have only very very rarely seen it last more than 6 months. Just my personal observations after 35 years in practice.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Up to 12 months
In premenopausal women up to 12 months.
After menopause once you lose estrogen the effect is shorter as the dermis thins. The effect may be closer to 6 monthst. The fda allows 6 months in label long for Restylane (dermal fillers) and 12 months for labeling for juverderm.

In brief: Up to 12 months
In premenopausal women up to 12 months.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Juvederm & Restylane (dermal fillers)
Depending on the location in which the juvederm is injected, there can be more than 12 months duration.
The shortest tends to be 8 in my practice and some have effectiveness for 18 months.

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Typically one year
The results typically last one year and are approved by the fda for this, but my patients have reported results lasting anywhere from 3 months to 2 years so individual outcomes vary greatly.
Lips tend to have the shortest period of augmentation.

In brief: Typically one year
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Lasts HA!
At best think and hope for 4 months! some get 9 months.

In brief: Lasts HA!
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Morris Westfried
Varies with age. Age 40 -55 6-12 months. After menopause 6 months or less
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Juvederm duration
Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid, which is normally found in the skin, to help reduce facial wrinkles and the signs of aging.
Once treated, the body gradually dissolves the juvederm. Depending on the treated area and other factors, results typically last at least 6 months or longer.

In brief: Juvederm duration
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Up to 12 months
Juvéderm ultra plus has an fda indication to last up to 12 months for nasolabial folds.
Of the hyaluronic acid fillers, juvéderm lasts the longest.

In brief: Up to 12 months
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Juvederm
They commonly are used to fill in lines around the mouth and those that extend from the nose to the mouth.
When injected into the lips, cheeks, and hands, they add volume for a younger, softer appearance. These fillers are non-permanent, with results lasting up to a year with Juvederm® and approximately six months for Perlane® and Restylane®.

In brief: Juvederm
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Juvederm
Juvedern typically lasts 6-12 months.
be sure to have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Juvederm
Juvedern typically lasts 6-12 months.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Juvederm lasting
Deat moberlin, it depends on where it is injected: -lips: 6 mos -smile lines: 9 mos -cheeks: 9-12mos -puppet lines: 9-12 months best, nima shemirani.

In brief: Juvederm lasting
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Usually 12 months
Some patients it can last longer. Sometimes shorter.

In brief: Usually 12 months
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology
In brief: 4 to 6 months
Great variability between individuals and location of the face injected.
More dynamic areas such as the mouth wears off faster than under the eyes. Generally lasts about 4-6 months but can last 9-12 months or longer in certain individuals. Juvederm ultra plus and Perlane last longer than juvederm and Restylane (dermal fillers) but have larger particle sizes so can appear "lumpier" especially around the lips.

In brief: 4 to 6 months
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: Depends on location
I=this is a question I am asked daily.
Here is my reply depending on the area of injection. If placed in an area with a lot of movement ( lips) expect 4-8 months, if its around mouth lines(NL) expect 6-10 mo if in areas of low motion (cheek, forhead) 9-12 months. Think of it as motion breaks f=down the produce faster than if the product is sitting stationary and dissolving.

In brief: Depends on location
I=this is a question I am asked daily.
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends
Juvederm lasts about 1 year but may stay around longer in the lips.
How long it lasts depends upon the method of injection and the area being filled.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Dr. Michael Sinclair
In brief: Wrong Question!
Juvederm probably lasts about 6-18 months, but i think what you really want to know is how long will the results last.
Juvederm and other fillers are about as soft as warm jelly. They ooze and move until they run into bone. Then you need to put more fillers in the same area to correct it again. Once you are "full", the result may last for many months, even a few years.

In brief: Wrong Question!
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 6-18 months
It is important to know that juvederm may not last as long as you expect, particularly when injected in some areas, such as the lips that have a robust blood supply and have more movement than other parts of the face.
Also everyone seems to have a different experience with the product despite the area it is injected in.

In brief: 6-18 months
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Darab Hormozi
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 6-18 months
Juvederm plus and ultra plus last between 6 months to 18 months depending on the location and muscle activity.
Yet biopsy studies have shown that there is a componant of collagen formation in the area of injection that can give a filling effect much longer after juvederm has been disolved.

In brief: 6-18 months
Dr. Darab Hormozi
Dr. Darab Hormozi
Dr. H. William Song
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: 4-12 months
There are different formulations of juvederm and different brands of fillers.
I find that smokers, people taking enzyme supplements and extreme exercisers tend to metabolize fillers much faster. In most people, plain juvederm lasts about 4 months, juvederm ultra and ultra plus last about 6 months. Radiesse (dermal fillers) lasts 8-12 months. This is my observation. The manufacturers claim longer duration.

In brief: 4-12 months
Dr. H. William Song
Dr. H. William Song
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology
In brief: 4-6 months
Depending on the particle size (ie: juvederm ultra vs.
Juvederm ultraplus) and where it's injected in the face (ie: lips, nasolabial folds, under eyes)--juvederm ultraplus is a larger particle size and "sturdier" so lasts longer than juvederm ultra. Injecting around the mouth is a more dynamic area so can wear off faster. Lasts average of 4-6 months but can last as long as 1 year in some.

In brief: 4-6 months
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee