Does dermabrasion help cure acne scarring?

Depends on Severity. Dermabrasion was once the best treatment for acne scars, but it often took a long time for the skin to heal and the treatment can leave scars or permanent lightening of the skin. The newest treatment is with fractionated co2 laser which is more effective, less likely to cause scarring and patients have less downtime.
It can Help. Dermabrasion is one way that plastic surgeons use to lessen acne scarring. It is more helpful for shallow pits than the "icepick" scars some people get. It also helps wrinkles. There are many ways to lessen scars; we can never get rid of them totally. Seek professional help in finding out what way is best for yours.