What's ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)?

Biologic disorder. Adhd is an inherited, neurobiological disorder that effects about 5% of the population. Untreated it leads to increased death (smoking, drug overdose, fatal auto crashes) or significant life impediments. It interferes with learning, socialization, relationships, finances, impulse control, academics, work performance, sleep. See my health files for websites and articles.
Changes in brain . structure & chemistry found in persons with adhd validate the diagnosis of ADHD as a neurodevelopmental disorder with significant symptoms of Inattention &/or Hyperactivity/Impulsivity that impact learning, peer interaction &/or behavior, often over a person's lifespan. CHADD.org is a good resource to learn about ADHD diagnosis, treatment and legal rights of people with ADHD at all ages.