What should I look for in an anti-aging skin product?

A C and E. Different forms of vitamin a include retinoids, retinol and retin a (tretinoin). These are related compounds that have proven collagen boosting effects. The products available over the counter usually do not contain enough active ingredient to be very effective. Vitamin c also has collagen boosting effects and powerful antioxidant effects. Vitamin e is another great antioxidant.
Retinoids . I recommend the use of a retinoid to help even skin tone, repair minor sun damage, and rebuild collagen. While there are many products touted as “wrinkle reducers”, retinoids have been rigorous studied through research and have a proven track record of safety and effectiveness. Prescription products (retin-a, renova, (tretinoin) tazorac) are usually more effective than over-the-counter products.