What are the differences between dermatitis and eczema?

All ecxema is a . Dermatitis, not all dermatitis is eczema. This is a wording issue. Eczema is just type of problem that involves the skin. A dermatitis is a broad word that includes anything that causes disruption of the healthy skin.
Interchangable. The difference between dermatitis and eczema is more or less academic. Dermatitis emphasizes "inflammation" which only reveals in pathological tissue exam. Eczema is a clinical term without referring to pathological finding. Classically, eczema involves seven features: erythema/redness, oozing/blistering, scaliness/flaking, crusting/cracking/dryness, swelling, itching and bleeding.