Is it normal that I can't eat vegetables in my first trimester of pregnancy?

Dr. Lydia Collins
Gynecology
It's very common and normal to have food aversions during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Luckily, the baby is doing just fine despite this. Baby is using your stores of nutrients just fine at this stage. When you feel better during the second trimester, improve to a more nutritious diet right on time for babies big burst in growth.

Dr. Lydia Collins
Dr. Lydia Collins
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
In brief: Probably
Food cravings and avoidance is common in pregnancy.
They may mark a nutritional need, but they may be related to smells or textures also. The developing baby will get what it needs from mom as it grows. Missing a few vegetables or not having a completely balanced diet is not likely to harm the baby. A vitamin supplement can help.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham