How come glutamine helps in healing skin ulcers?

Protein. Glutamine is an Amino Acid and it is abiding block of protein. Any help in healing would be as a supplement to rebuilding tissue in someone with a poor nutritional staid. The physical factors in the causation of ulcer must be addresses to heal and prevent recurrence of ulcers.
Glutamine is fuel. Som cells that are important in wound healing use glutamine for fuel--skin (epithelial cells) & immune system (lymphocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, etc.). Many physicians & dietitians recommend glutamine supplementation for patients with wounds (skin ulcers, trauma, burns, etc).