Is alcohol dependence rare?

Alcohol dependence. Is not rare, but most people who use alcohol have no significant problems from it. In hawaii, a state that has good data, about 4% of adults admit to moderate or severe alcohol dependence. A national study found that of those who use alcohol, 3% drink heavily and have 3 or 4 signs of dependence & 1% are chronic or relapse drinkers with 6 or 7 signs of dependence.
Alcohol Dependence. Alcohol Dependence is not rare. As per National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism- Prevalence of Binge Drinking and Heavy Alcohol Use: In 2015, 26.9 percent of people ages 18 or older reported that they engaged in binge drinking in the past month. 7.0 percent reported that they engaged in heavy alcohol use in the past month.