What is hypospadias?

Opening underneath. Urethral opening is not at the end of the penis. Can be located anywhere underneath from under the glans, all way back to the anus. Not far back is most common. Commonly asociated with chordee (penis bent downward). Foreskin is "hooded", i.e. Missing on underside of penis. Incidence 1 in 2 - 300 males. Penis often smaller than normal. Very severe cases sometimes considered ambiguous genitalia.
See below. Hypospadias refers to the location of the urethral meatus on the penis (the opening through which urine exits). When the opening is located below the tip, it is called hypospadias. The opening can be just below the tip or anywhere in the midline as far low as between the testicles. Hypospadias is frequently associated with a curvature of the penis and sometimes an undescended testicle.