What kind of exercises should I avoid in pregnancy?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Big Weights & Impact

The most beneficial exercises in pregnancy are ones that improve your stamina, cardiovascular health, and muscle tone.
Yoga, pilates, brisk walking, etc are great. If you are use to more vigorous exercises then you can continue to do them while pregnant. If you are starting a program while pregnant pick a low impact form.

In brief: Big Weights & Impact

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Scott Kramer
Gynecology

In brief: Big Weights & Impact

Hormonal changes cause laxity in ligaments so they’re easier to injure during pregnancy.
Cardio, core, and moderate weight training are excellent choices. Mix it up to avoid overtraining. Check out this interval workout link: hiit workout routine burns more fat in less time http://www.Womenshealthfremont.Com/health-library-general-health-specialists-bay-area.Htm.

In brief: Big Weights & Impact

Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: High impact

I usually tell my patients "if it hurts, then stop".
It is important to exercise in pregnancy to maintain your health. Don't take up new strenuous activities, but you can continue your current activity level until it becomes uncomfortable. Avoid high-impact exercises after the 1st trimester and any contact sport or activity with a high-risk of falls to protect your pregnancy. Try swimming or yoga.

In brief: High impact

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham