Are there any herbal medications that can treat depression and/or ocd?

Dr. Lisa Robbins
Holistic Medicine

In brief: St. John's Wort

St. John's wort 300 mg taken 3 times a day has long been recognized as a natural treaent for depression.
Other natural remedies include 5-htp 200-300mg taken 1-3 times a day. Try taking this at night, initially. Then increase the number of times taken during the day as needed. Also, regular exercise, meditation, and getting at least 8 hours of sleep have been proven to be extremely helpful.

In brief: St. John's Wort

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Herbs

Also l-tryptophane & same, but with all herbs, results are mixed and benefits at best are minimal.

In brief: Herbs

Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

St. Johns wort can treat depression but there is a problem. You can never depend that the strength of the herb is what is reported on the box.
There are no controls. Nothing that I am aware of helps ocd, except ssri's and psychosurgery!

Dr. Eric Weisman