What are some home remedies for wisdom tooth aches?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Few things

Rinsing mouth with warm saltwater will help ease the pain.
Rinse 2-5 times a day; don’t swallow salt water. Oral numbing meds can be applied. Otc pain relievers may help ease the pain. Chewing gum will gently massage the irritated area. These measures may temporarily relieve the pain. However, an oral surgeon should examine the tooth/teeth and decide whether further treatment is necessary.

In brief: Few things

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: None

I'm sorry, but home remedies gneerally don't work well for dental pain, because professional help is most often needed to correct the problem. Please call your dentist today.

In brief: None

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dentistry

In brief: Warm salt water

Rinsing with warm salt water is the panacea of household remedies.
It has no true medicinal value but may make the area feel better for a short time. I strongly urge you to have the area evaluated by a dentist asap. This is a sensitive part of the oral anatomy and using anything to deaden pain without a diagnosis is imprudent.

In brief: Warm salt water

Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dr. Joseph Ritz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine