My HDL is 81 mg/dl and LDL is 101 mg/dl. Triglycerides 43, non-hdl 110, total cholesterol is 191. Should I be concerned about the LDL level?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Not too much.

Ideally, LDL should be < 100 mg/dl, according to the latest guidelines.
This is considered "ideal" for those at risk for heart disease. If not at risk for heart disease, < 130 mg/dl is considered optimal. You should have no problem at any rate, just do some diet restriction of fatty foods, like slightly less red meat to lower saturated fat, and this should lower it more than enough.

In brief: Not too much.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Your lipid profile is excellent.
No need to worry about ldl!

In brief: No

Your lipid profile is excellent.
No need to worry about ldl!
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

This is a good looking lipid panel unless you've had a previous cardiovascular event in which case goal LDL would be less than 70.

In brief: No

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine