What should I look for in an over-the-counter nail fungus treatment?

See below. Unfortunately, no over-the-counter nail fungus treatments available have actually been proven effective in peer-reviewed studies.
Nail fungus. In my experience, over-the-counter nail fungus treatment is only effective in very mild cases. Prescription medications and to be stronger and more effective. Important thing to note when treating any fungus of the nail is that it takes a very long time for the nails to improve and medication should be applied daily as well as nails be kept short and filed thin.