What are antenatal classes?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Classes u take

Before u deliver that explain about the pregnancy, labor process, anesethsia like epidural, if u need a c-section, breast feeding etc, your OB should have told u what these are and where u can sign up for them usually at the hos where u will deliver i strongly encourage all of my preg pts 1st time moms to take them the more u know from the right source - the better.

In brief: Classes u take

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: Pre-Natal Classes

Antenatal and prenatal are two different words meaning "before birth".
These classes usually teach parents what to expect during the birthing process and how to care for a newborn. Some hospitals have special classes for experienced parents or those expecting a cesarean. Infant CPR is often covered.

In brief: Pre-Natal Classes

Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham