What should I look for in soaps if I have eczema?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Cleansing bar

Use cleansing bar such as dove, carress, cetaphil, or aveeno (oatmeal).
These are suited for people with eczema.

In brief: Cleansing bar

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Danica Schulte
Look for hypoallergenic products. I advise products with ceramides,and those avoiding typical ingredients causing contact allergies (parabens or lanolin)
Dr. Robert Bader
Dermatology

In brief: Eczema

There are many different kinds of eczema and dermatitis.
1. Contact dermatitis--an allergy, such as poison ivy. Typically, there are red bumps or blisters arranged in a line or in the areas in which contact with the substance is made. 2. Atopic dermatitis--there is scale, itching and redness that most commonly affected the front of the elbow and the back of the knees. 3. Seborrheic dermatitis.

In brief: Eczema

Dr. Robert Bader
Dr. Robert Bader