What are different methods to treat burns?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine)
For first degree burns the most common treatment is prescription silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) which is laso used for second degree burns.
Biafine is another prescription cream which can be used for burns. Extensive or deep burns need specialized treatment in the hospital.

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology
In brief: Depends
Depends on the type & extent of burn.
Immediate treatment for most is cold water. For mild burns, keep lubricated. Aquaphor or vaseline is good. Avoid bacitracin, neosporin, triple antibiotic as these are common sensitizers which may cause allergic reactions. I use bioclusive (opsite) membranes which foster healing & stop pain without meds.

In brief: Depends
Depends on the type & extent of burn.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan