Can uterine fibroid and back left side upper pain?

Dr. Brian Nguyen

In brief: Yes, see a GYN

Anyone can get a uterine fibroid, which is an overgrowth of muscle cells in the shape of a ball.
Like moles on the skin, they come in different sizes/shapes; RARELY cancerous. You only need surgery if you have symptoms like pain/pressure/incontinence/bleeding/bloating. Size/location don't matter. Lupron (leuprolide) or embolization are ways to control w/out surgery. US follow up is very important.

In brief: Yes, see a GYN

Dr. Jane Van Dis

Uterine fibroids can cause back pain, though untypical for it to be in the upper back.
Fibroids can grow up to the level of the ribcage, if that gives you an idea of how big they can get. I recommend if you are having left upper back pain, that you see a physician as it could be your kidneys or something else.

Dr. Jane Van Dis