Do I still need a doctor if I have a midwife?

Dr. Megan Bird
You should have a back up doctor even though you plan to deliver with a midwife.
Usually, your midwife will have a doctor or group of doctors that they work closely with. Every once in a while, a low risk patient becomes a high-risk one and you want to have that back up.

Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: YES YES YES !!!!!!!!
Yes of course, because no one can predict the future! your midwife should deliver u in the hospital and have a doctor backup that will be available in case of an emergency ! u may need a csection and midwives are not trained to do that , the doctor needs to, when i used to take OB er call i sued to see many horrible things come into the hospital from attempted birth at home that went wrong!

In brief: YES YES YES !!!!!!!!
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jane Van Dis