I have to take 3 5mg Xanax (alprazolam) before a medical procedure tomorrow. Will I feel anything at all? I am completely terrified. The procedure is a back injection. Please help!

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

You probably meant 3 of the 0.
5mg. Tablets. As long as it is used on as needed basis prior to procedure, u should be ok.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

You probably meant 3 of the 0.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

Is it 0.5 mg or 5 mg, there is a big difference.
Most likely if its 0.5 mg you should be more relaxed or sleeping. You will need someone to drive you to and from the procedure. Xanax (alprazolam) could last up to minimum of 3 hours or longer. Chew the tabs up one at a time and see if you relax enough to use less. Good luck you will do fine!

Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Dr. Cyma Khalily

In brief: HUH?

How much? I think that this dose is wrong.
Xanax (alprazolam) is an anti-anxiety medication. Doses of .25mg/ .5mg/ 1mg/ 2mg. Very safe and makes you relaxed and drowsy. Common for procedures.

In brief: HUH?

Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Cyma Khalily