Do u have to have a cough with pneumonia because I was having chest pain sob ruled out cardiac but found pneumonia on cxr but had no cough?

In brief: Pn can have odd sx

I have had kids with pneumonia who's only sx was pain near their shoulder blade in the back.
Xrays showed a patch of pneumonia in the lung closest to the same shoulder. Pneumonia is occasionally hard to pickup in it's early stages & with early treatment may have minimal fever or cough if any.Sob and rapid breathing are the normal reason i get a cxr even if i can't hear a problem on exam.

In brief: Pn can have odd sx

In brief: Cough isn't there...

Cough isn't there in some cases of pneumonia, when patients see their doctors.
However, if a pneumonia is left untreated, the cough will soon start.

In brief: Cough isn't there...

Dr. Peter Kurzweil