How can I treat acne without aggravating my sensitive skin?

Vitamins. There are prescription vitamins with zinc and nicotinamide which help. There are many prescription creams that are not irritating such as azelaic acid, aczone, clindamycin, and erythromycin. Diet can also play a factor in avoiding sugar and simple carbs.
Acne. I would see a dermatologist prior to starting any treatment plan. There can be side effects to any treat so an expert in acne is appropriate to care for you.

Related Questions

How can I treat acne on sensitive skin very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide and moderately sensitive to salicylic acid skin is also dry?

Options. Your physician may offer you topical Clindamycin instead; you may be able to tolerate a retinoic acid derivative, an oral antibiotic may work its magic, or if you can take & want the oral contraceptive pill, it may clear you.

How can I effectively treat acne for sensitive skin?

Scientific Rx. If you found benzoyl peroxide and retinoic acid derivatives, perhaps topical Clindamycin will get the job done, or oral tetracycline 500 2x/day might clear you. For a female, the oral contraceptive pill can sometimes work amazingly well if she can take it.

What can I do to treat moderate acne on sensitive skin?

Meds. Many patients do well with over the counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid preparations. Some patients require topical or oral antibiotics or retinoids as well. If the over the counter meds alone don't control your acne after a month of daily use, see a doctor for additional treatment options. It is important to be persistent, and some patients 'get worse before they get better'.

How can I treat sensitive skin with scars and acne?

Acne/Scars treatment. First, it is important to treat the active acne to prevent further scars from developing. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to use a good moisturizer (ie cetaphil, cerave) along with a topical acne cream to help minimize dryness/irritation. I would suggest using a pea-sized drop of the acne cream mixed it in with a moisturizer and apply a thin film to the area. Visit a dermatologist.