Will treating my food allergies fix my acne?

Dr. Alyson Simpson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: No
I agree that acne is a hormonal problem but there are some studies to suggest that certain foods such as chocolate and fattier foods can exacerbate symptoms.
However, this is an adverse food reaction that is not immunologically mediated like the food allergy. Proper hygeine and consultation with a dermatologist is recommended.

In brief: No
Dr. Alyson Simpson
Dr. Alyson Simpson
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology
In brief: Very Unlikely
Food allergy really has nothing to do with the cause of acne.

In brief: Very Unlikely
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Steven Machtinger
In brief: Probably not
Acne is a hormonal conditon not an allergic one.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Maybe
Although food allergies are not common cause of acne, occasional people will react to allergies in different ways.
Whey, which is found in supplements can lead to breakouts , although this is not an allergy.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried